Konos, Inc. produces, packages and distributes approximately 80 million dozen eggs annually. Our company employs approximately 225 people in Michigan and Illinois. We provide a competitive package of employee benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) plan and more.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will be comfortable attending job fairs, interviewing job candidates, making recommendations to management and outlining the specifics of each job offer to the final prospective employee. Job responsibilities will include writing job descriptions for open positions and posting to our website, working with recruiting firms for middle management job recruitment and developing new strategies for both middle management and entry level job recruitment. This position will also involve reviewing benefit options/costs and recommending changes to management, onboarding new hires, processing terminations, administering all benefits, reviewing yearend tax forms including W2s and Form 1095, reviewing invoices from benefits vendors for accuracy, supervising payroll administrator, performing payroll “backup” if needed to cover vacations and illnesses, and maintaining employee files
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years in an HR role
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects as well as being about to work independently is highly desired.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ADP software
- Working knowledge of employment/labor law
- SHRM Certificate preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance of $15,000 and Short Term Disability provided at no cost to employee
- Eligible to contribute to 401k plan after 1 year of employment, subject to maximum allowed by federal government
- Company matched contribution 100% up to 4% of gross pay
- 2 flats of eggs with every paycheck